Error code 0x80072F8F is not related to your purchased Product Key it is related to your system issue, the solution is provided below:
- Check your system Date and Time Settings, make sure that your system is showing the correct Date, Time and Year.
- If Yes showing the correct Date, Time and Year then go for Step-2.
- If not, then correct them and reboot your computer. After restart tries to activate your Windows 7 copy again, if the 0x80072F8F activation error persists then go for Step-2.
Step 2: Open Link and follow the steps as it is, if that also doesn’t solve your problem then try Step 3.
- The Windows activation error code 0x80072F8F mainly occurs due to security reasons, that are you’re running an older unsecured version of Windows 7 or pirated/crack version of Windows 7.
- The best to get rid of this problem permanently is you need to format your C: drive completely and install a fresh updated and genuine version of Windows 7 from the download link provided in your order email only.
- Formatting C: drive is an important part don’t try to skip you need to get rid of your previous unsecured version of Windows 7 completely, don’t try to overwrite the new installation on the older version it will not work.
- Important: You need to download the latest and genuine versions of Windows from the download link provided in your order email only, never download Windows from unknown sources they are counterfeit and contain Virus.
Step 4: The Final and 100% problem solver step.
- On Windows Activation error popup screen you will see “Show me other ways to activate” click it. (refer image on top of this page)
- Enter your Windows 7 product key, and then select Next.
- Select Use the automated phone system. You may be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
- Select your location (or the location nearest to you) from the drop-down list, and then select Next.
- Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process and activate your Windows successfully.
The main purpose of this error code 0x80072F8F by Microsoft is that all their users must run the latest, genuine & secured version of Windows 7.